Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to generate data from Website if there are no Tables in them

duttaabhishek7
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I know how to generate data from website incase there is a table inside and I need to extract the tables. 

However I have a website where a map is provided and if we hover over the map the values for each map location is displayed. For example if we hover cursor over USA it displays the data and similarly for other countries. Is there any way I can generate the Country wise data into a table from the below link?

https://www.dlapiperdataprotection.com/index.html

Thanks in advance for any help please. 

2 REPLIES 2
bgreedy
7 - Meteor

I'd suggest downloading the data via alteryx, and exploring the downloaded data in a notepad to see if you can find what you're looking for.

From downloading and exploring the URL, I found the elements "country_name" and  "rating_data" which contain the list of ratings, and country names that correspond to the rating data. 

You can use the workflow attached as a starting point, you'll need cleanse and join the extracts to get the table you're looking for. 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice work exploring that URL @bgreedy. You found the ISO country codes and corresponding data protection rating from this website. 

I added a couple more tools to your workflow to produce an example of a formatted table:
20240328-DownloadTable3.JPG

Labels