Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to generate a new record with the date of the current day

bvj
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone!

There is probably a simple solution for this but I haven't figured it out.

I have a flow that runs data every day. But I would like to track the development of the data on a daily basis. I'm using the summarize tool to get all the average numbers on one record, and it is these average numbers I would like to generate a new record for every day with the current date of the day.

I have played around with the Generate Rows tool but no luck. I guess I just don't know how to use it.

Example:

Date

Avg number

Today

12-11-2020

Today+1

13-11-2020

Today+2

14-11-2020

14 REPLIES 14
bvj
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu 

Thanks for example.

1. I cant open the file, what version of Alteryx Designer do you use? It might be me who need to upgrade version, I currently have 2020.2.

2. Do you have just one record in your text input?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bvj 
I am using 2020.3.

You should be able the workflow by cicking the error meesage and proceed anyway.

I create a "past" dataset and use today data as input.

bvj
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu 

I tried to to move forward but it doenst work. I saw another post of yours though where you uploaded as .ymxd, could you upload as this file instead of package? I should then be able to open the file without waiting for my company to upgrade version.

bvj
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu 

Never mind, I made my own solution based on yours and it seems to work - thank you very much.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bvj 

Thank you for the mark also.

Glad to be a bit help.

Anyway, here is the yxmd file

Labels