Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to generate a continous database

Benjanez
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I am going to explain the process I would like to implement. I have a workflow to generate an output/table, each month it will be an update of the figures, so I will replace the input and then generate another ouput 2. and then after "n" iteration, I want to put all outputs on the chart to see a trend.

So, the question is, is there a way to agregagete all ouputs as they are generating every time, I mean, the data base for interation number 3 will be, output 1 + output 2 + output 3, without saivng different databases and using union or adding an input everytime a need to update the results.

My ideal solution would be, a workflow that I would need to update only the input with new data and the ouput will be fed every time I run the workflow,

Thanks! 😃 

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It sounds like you want the 'append existing' option that is available on the output data tool for certain output types (specifically those I know are ODBC database connections and excel files).

Everytime the workflow is ran the output will just be put on the bottom of an already existing table.

Ben

Labels