Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to fill down values from x number of rows above

acah
5 - Atom

Hello!  I'm new to Alteryx.  Does anyone have a clever way of effectively filling down data from x number of rows above?  Similar to the way where you can double-click in excel and have the data fill in from above.  I was trying to use a multi-row function, but can't really figure out how to since the row of the data that needs to be copied varies.  I have the followding data set.  Thank you!
rtaImage (6).png

19 REPLIES 19
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@jark1294 

It is in the Preparation Tab.

Multi-Row.PNG

Cheers,

AJ_J
5 - Atom

Nope, still doesn't work.

alteryx_user
7 - Meteor

alteryx_user
7 - Meteor

Hi, could you please tell me how to perform this in multiple fields?

For example, if I have 2 more fields like "success_year", "success_season"

Brlnr
5 - Atom

Take out the brackets from Success Month in your middle statement.

[Row-1:Success Month] should resolve it.

Brlnr
5 - Atom

@alteryx_user 

What are you trying to do with each of the success_year and success_season fields? I assume you want to update FieldX with the data in these other columns?

Do you have a sample of the data you're using?

alteryx_user
7 - Meteor

@Brlnr 

thanks for your reply. Please find the workflow attached. Yes, I am trying to update the rest of the fields "Avg_withdraw", "Avg_sales" etc., with a single formula (if possible)

DfloDBDB
7 - Meteor

That was helpful.

dishapandit
5 - Atom

This helped me understand very clearly ! Thanks a zillion ton !

Suzanne_Huynh
5 - Atom

Works great! In case you're still scratching your head, you have to use the multi-row formula tool, and under Expression, that's where you enter the corresponding formula:

Suzanne_Huynh_0-1648848207433.png

Labels