Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to embed picture in an existing excel file as a separate tab/worksheet

xiaoyan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am able to embed an picture using the image and render tool as the output (into excel format). However, i wanted to embed this excel (with the picture) into my existing excel file as a separate worksheet. There are already other tabs in this excel file. When i tried to import from the render tool output into a Output tool (as my existing excel file), the image is gone. Does anyone has a similar scenario like mine? Thank you! 

12 REPLIES 12
xiaoyan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi csmith11, I can't resolve this.

1) When i tried your method and run directly, i gotten the below error (see screenshot),

2) but when i tried to change the path location to my local drive, i couldn't get the result which i am expecting (see 2nd screenshot), which is the image in the "preexisting file". Did i miss out on anything?

I attach the vbs script below for your reference. Thanks!

xiaoyan_0-1641519777933.png

Satty12345
6 - Meteoroid

Need further help on the how to embed the image on an existing excel file post.

Hi CSmith11, 

I would like to first say thanks alot to providing a solution the subjected issue. I downloaded the working zip WF however not able to tie it to my scenario. 

Few clarity required as following : 

1. how exactly you are using the text input tool in the example . I am not able to follow that. what is the preexisting path & temporary path here. 

1. I understand the given solution by you can be included on the original main workflow & hence will ultimately embed the image on the existing excel output the on the same time so the same final output can be uploaded on sap posting along with image on other tab as an backup/supporting doc. 
  2. How to use VBA on my existing workflow . never used it so not sure on this. pls guide.
  3. Is there a way we can connect over call . my mobile # 91 9953081287. that will be easy to discuss this and sort out. 

Regards,

Satendra Vishwakarma

Satty12345
6 - Meteoroid

Need further help on the how to embed the image on an existing excel file post.

Hi CSmith11, 

I would like to first say thanks a lot to providing a solution the subjected issue. I downloaded the working zip WF however not able to tie it to my scenario. 

Few clarity required as following : 

1. how exactly you are using the text input tool in the example . I am not able to follow that. what is the preexisting path & temporary path here. 

1. I understand the given solution by you can be included on the original main workflow & hence will ultimately embed the image on the existing excel output the on the same time so the same final output can be uploaded on sap posting along with image on other tab as an backup/supporting doc. 
  2. How to use VBA on my existing workflow . never used it so not sure on this. pls guide.
  3. Is there a way we can connect over call . my mobile # 91 9953081287. that will be easy to discuss this and sort out. 

Regards,

Satendra Vishwakarma

Labels