Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to dynamically change the number of forecast periods in a TS Factory tool

hfaub
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how I can dynamically change the number of forecast periods in the TS Forecast Factory tool. I have an Excel file that houses the number of periods I want, so how can I read that file in and have that value be used in the TS tool? I started looking at using a macro but have come across issues with it not updating correctly. I want to make sure that the value used in the workflow stays up-to-date every time I change that 'number of periods' file.

Any input would help! Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hfaub ,

Here is a sample of what you can use in this case. It is not working, but you can base yours on this idea.

I'm sharing a workflow + macro.

Macro: My action tool is updating the period only, and you have a macro input that will receive your dataset.

fmvizcaino_0-1637733252345.png

Workflow: I'm using the group by period option. What happens here is that your batch macro will separate into batches based on the period column (it will run all your products with the same period and so on.

fmvizcaino_1-1637733391882.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

hfaub
7 - Meteor

Hi Fernando,

I believe this works! The macro I had looked similar to this, but I think my issue was forgetting to append the period to the forecast inputs. I just had it in the control parameter at first.

Thank you so so much!

Labels