Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create check box dependencies in Alteryx app

SebastianCiuksza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have created an app which compares two files (inputs). First part compares numeric fields and second - string fields. String part slows down the app, so I'd like to have a possibility to switch off this part maybe using a check box. In this app there are multiple reports to compare, so this switch should be available for each stream. In addition, the output is in one .xlsx file with two dedicated tabs.

This is what it should look like.

Thanks for supportexample.png

5 REPLIES 5
DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SebastianCiuksza,

as you are using The Check Box in combination with a Container already in your sample flow, what is the issue to use this one to activate/deactivate the numeric/string part?

Personally I would add a 2nd container to control this, if I got it correct.

You could as well play a little with "Detour".

Best regards,

David

SebastianCiuksza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @DavidSta ,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried to add two new containers, one for string and one for numeric and connect them to check box but each time I run the workflow I always get two tabs in the output (numeric and string). It doesn't matter if I select only one of them (i.e. string).

Detour is a good idea but can it deal with 3 different solutions (numeric; string; both)?

SebastianCiuksza
6 - Meteoroid

I've played with checkbox outside the container and it worked. Case closed. Thanks for the support.

DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SebastianCiuksza,

generally it should look like this, based on  the workflow you shared.

DavidSta_0-1668702207662.png

Depending on which checkbox you select the output will be created.

For me this is only creating the expected Sheets.

Please check out the attached file.

Best regards,

David

SebastianCiuksza
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. I did exactly the same. Thanks

Labels