Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create a file with db connections in Input Data tool

SrilekhaVeluri
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to create a workflow with multiple inputs.

Depending upon the requirement these workflows need to be run on different databases.

I am trying to create a file with connection list that I can select via the analytic app. I know that this can be done in the IN-DB connections but trying to make it work in the input tool.

can some-one help? 

4 REPLIES 4
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

The "Connect to File or Database" section within the input data tool can accept a DSNless connection.

That would be my recommendation, what database are you using and I can draw up an example?

SQL could look like:

odb:Provider=SQLNCLI11.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;User ID="";Initial Catalog="";Data Source=ServerName\SQLEXPRESS;

SrilekhaVeluri
6 - Meteoroid

We are using Oracle DB

SrilekhaVeluri
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the response. I am already connected to the db using the connect a File or Database option.  I have connected with an oracle OCI . Just wondering if we can use an update tool or something to pass the database connection as a variable

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SrilekhaVeluri wrote:

Thank you for the response. I am already connected to the db using the connect a File or Database option.  I have connected with an oracle OCI . Just wondering if we can use an update tool or something to pass the database connection as a variable

Yeah, you should be able to use the action tool to update the file or database option part of the input tool.

You'd could create a batch macro, you can then pass through the data connection as a control parameter.

Or use a normal macro and have a dropdown interface question that allows the user to select which one they'd like.

Labels