Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create a comparison between multiple excel files

lukemanderson12
7 - Meteor

Hi! I'm pretty new to Alteryx but I'm trying to learn it for my own sake and whatnot.

I'm coming across an issue in regards to comparing multiple excel files.

I'll attach some pictures here. 

lukemanderson12_0-1602641723291.png

lukemanderson12_1-1602641732661.png

Basically there's two files the first one is a master sheet, it has everyone's correct headphone ID, name and everything

The second one has a typo.

I want to create a workspace where Alteryx can find that discrepency and potentially fix it?

Would really appreciate some help! Thanks so much!

9 REPLIES 9
lukemanderson12
7 - Meteor

Also, another one, can alteryx find if someone submits someone elses Computer ID?

as in John Doe writes in Jane Doe's Computer ID and Jane Doe writes in Jane Doe's Computer ID??

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lukemanderson12 
I use Join and Formula Toos to do the comparing. See if this is you need.Capture.PNG

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lukemanderson12 
if you want to compare Computer ID, just use Computer ID as the key for Join.

lukemanderson12
7 - Meteor

I'm not sure I understand. I took your last example and it works amazing thanks!

Say someone entered someone else's Computer ID, how would I be able to check for that?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lukemanderson12 
I have updated the workflow. Guess I deserve that Accept now😁Capture1.PNG

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lukemanderson12 
Thank you.

lukemanderson12
7 - Meteor

Another question if you're willing.

I've now isolated the fact that I have the correct Computer Numbers and the correct headset for each employee.

Employees can have multiple headsets and I want to be able to populate all headsets attributable for each employee and also check if the employee submitted the correct headset and the correct computer number against the master list. How would I be able to do that? I.e. if the employee submitted the wrong headset but the correct computer number how could I detect this?

Thanks in advance, sorry if the questions a little malworded.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lukemanderson12 
I manage to output a list that gives the status and result for each employee. Capture4.PNG

lukemanderson12
7 - Meteor

So great! Thanks so much!

Labels