Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

How to configure Dynamic Input tool where tab name changes

JamesBarzda
メテオール

Hi all,

Looking for some help to configure the dynamic input tool

My usual process is: directory tool > filter to find my file name > formula to add the sheet name to the FullPath > Dynamic Input > data available 

That works fine where the sheet name is consistent but I have a new quarterly file where the file name is consistent but the sheet name changes (meaning I can't do my formula step). There's only one sheet in the file so I'm looking for a solution to basically 'read in the sheet, regardless of name' for this file name

Any ideas?

Thanks

JB

4件の返信4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JamesBarzda,

I would recommend using @mceleavey's Dynamic Multi-File Sheet Names - Alteryx Community macro to get the sheet names. All you need to do is give it a list of excel files and it will give you all the sheet names:

file example6.gif

Then you can feed the Full File names (including sheets) to the dynamic input tool or the Import Multiple Schema Excel Files - Alteryx Community. (example attached)

IraWatt_0-1659521232901.png

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

FilipR
ボリード

How about joining your stream with another Input Tool configured to return the <List of Sheet Names>?

FilipR_0-1659521764981.png

FilipR
ボリード

OK, I built something for you.

FilipR_1-1659522534594.png

FilipR_2-1659522541569.png

Sunil_bs
メテオール

Hi, How do i use this for CSV file

ラベル