Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to compare Metadata of 2 datasets

Danial_Nawab
7 - Meteor

Environment Details:
Alteryx Designer: 2022.1

Alteryx Server: 2022.1

Hi Community, 

I am trying to compare the metadata of 2 datasets with many fields, 105 to be exact, and I want to see which fields have changed and which have retained the same data type. How do I go about it? Below is an image of the workflow for your reference. 

Any leads would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Danial_Nawab Field info tool is an option for your use case

image.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Danial_Nawab 

I dont know if you already tried this, but there is a tool called 'Field Info'. This tool will bring the information to the workflow as data, so you can compare/store or whatever you need with it.

fieldinfo.png

Danial_Nawab
7 - Meteor

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 and @binuacs,

I have a number of fields that I would like to compare side by side with respect to their data types. I tried using the Field Tool but it doesn't seem to help me achieve what I want. An image is attached for your reference which contains all the variable names under the 'Name' column followed up by 'Type' which contains their respective data types. I want to achieve an output where I can have all the variable names(present in the 'Name' column) listed side by side with their data types before and after manipulation. 

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

2.PNG

Labels