Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to calculate network days

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to calculate KPI days that should not include weekends. Eg - If KPI due date is 5 days from today, it should automatically exclude any saturday / sunday that falls in between , if any . So Friday KPI due should actually be on Friday  following week.

10 REPLIES 10
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@simasarry123 

Find in attachement one way of doing that.

Let me know if this solution solves your issue or not.😉

Emmanuel_G_0-1675451368668.png

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@simasarry123 

Just for fun😉 !

Another method using iterative macro. The first one works too.

Emmanuel_G_0-1675452214964.png   

Emmanuel_G_1-1675452226471.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @simasarry123 

As your requirement is simple, where you need to calculate the KPI for 5 days from today excluding weekends.

Here is one way of doing this.

ShankerV_0-1675452308876.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@simasarry123 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1675452696518.png

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

I got stuck at a point since it would give same KPI due for all entries in my sheet. I basically have a KPI due date column with each date being different. I need to arrive at a new kpi due date after eliminating weekends between date document submitted by each customer and kpi due date.

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for sharing the workflow. :)

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

@ShankerV - your solution is super easy. I just had to make minor tweaks to the formula and it works perfect without me having to add any extra tools in my workflow. Thanks a lot !

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs does this work for multiple KPI dates in the same column? Basically I have a KPI column with different KPI date for each customer based on when they submit a document. I tried this method but it took the same KPI due date for all the customers in my data sheet.

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @binuacs @Emmanuel_G and @ShankerV for the solution. Each of these solutions would work I believe but in my situation, I Could arrive at the desired output by using the formula tool to calculate the KPI due date as suggested by Shanker.

Labels