Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to build a specific table

MWon
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I am trying to build out a very specific type of table. It would look something like this, with curriculums on the left and a row of users with an x, denoting that they need to do said training 

User1User2User3
Curriculum1x  
Curriculum 2 x 
Curriculum 3  x

Another thing is that all of these users are grouped to a specific manager, so there would be multiple tables depending on who the manager is. I think I have to use transpose in some way along with the table, but I wanted to know if there was a different solution

Thank You All in Advance 

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

You'll probably need to use the crosstab and transpose tools in some capacity, but without seeing what your data looks like it's impossible to tell you the best way. Is it possible to share some sample data?

MWon
7 - Meteor

It looks something like this, but the only columns that really matter in this context would be the curriculum and user at least to my understanding.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @MWon 

Thanks, you were on the right track. A crosstab tool would do the trick. For the manager specific reports, there are a variety of reporting options available but you'd need to say a bit more about your use case. Hopefully this gets you on the right track!

Luke_C_0-1658337569090.png

MWon
7 - Meteor

Thanks! This is more than enough to work off of. Appreciate ya'!

Labels