Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add multiple sheets in single excel file

SanjayVyas
7 - Meteor

Hi, I'm getting an error while trying to insert my filtered data in different sheets of same single excel file. Can someone please help me to resolve this error message. Error msg is: "Error: Output Data (24): Unable to open file for write: C:\Users\X01319157\Documents\SanjayV\Operations\Trade Substansiation\1st Rec Pune Discovery\Discovery DD MMMM YYYY - Modified.xlsx Error Opening file: C:\Users\X01319157\Documents\SanjayV\Operations\Trade Substansiation\1st Rec Pune Discovery\Discovery DD MMMM YYYY - Modified.xlsx
: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)" Attached is my code so far. Wanted to segregate data in 3 different sheets. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SanjayVyas,

You need to use block until done tool. 
I have updated the workflow. Please let me know if this solution worked for you.

Emil_Kos_0-1600176109350.png

SanjayVyas
7 - Meteor

Hi, Thank you so much for your quick solution on this @ . I'm new to Alteryx and this forum as well and I might have asked simple questions. However, 1 thing is for sure here is, you will get the absolute solution within very short span of time. Thanks a lot for such a quick resolutions you guys provide. Really appreciated !!

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Additional suggestions can be found here:  https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Error-writing-Excel-file-to-Shared-Drive

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
Labels