Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Open an excel with values being given dynamically , referring an other excel sheet

vencric
8 - Asteroid

I am reading a config sheet, and based on the values present there, i'm trying to open an excel with corresponding values. pls help me 

30 REPLIES 30
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vencric 

You can use IF formula like below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1635766411393.png

Hope this helps : )

vencric
8 - Asteroid

but i can do it , only if the programs were run successfully .. what if it got failed... Also now i'm getting an error

vencric_0-1635766677631.png

vencric
8 - Asteroid

Hi atcodedog05, Actually is it possible to store the variable from an excel and pass it as parameter
Like.  Program CAdence Value

ABC         Yes        GHI  

I have to pass "GHI" to another workflow as a parameter... pls let me know.. Thanks

vencric
8 - Asteroid

Can you pls help on this

vencric
8 - Asteroid

hi @atcodedog05 , is it possible to trigger the, Alteryx workflow using PEGA Openspan tool...any idea on how to trigger it for RPA purpose

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vencric 

As far as I know, I don't think you can trigger Alteryx workflow from other applications.

vencric
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 .. Regarding the comments to be updated as completed successfully i can use IIF Command , but  , only if the programs were run successfully .. what if it got failed

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vencric 

If all were successful then the workflow will not throw error is not successful then the workflow will throw error has you experienced previously.

vencric
8 - Asteroid

Got it!!! but how to capture those errors alone ?

vencric
8 - Asteroid

hi @atcodedog05  how to use excel files from Sharepoint

Labels