Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Check if Join is properly working

john_wick_
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I want to ease the process of checking if Join Tool in my workflow is using properly and not missing any rows. Suppose that I have two datasets. I apply Unique tool to each of them and use Join Tool to join unique rows of both. Then I have Join Tools' 3 outputs: Left, Joined, Right. I want to check this equality:

n. of rows Unique_1 + n. of rows Unique_2 - Joined = Left + Right + Joined

I want to check this using the least tool I can but I couldn't do so.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

@john_wick_ you could use the Count Records Tool | Alteryx Help . Hope this helps.

Rohitpatil7
6 - Meteoroid

Hi John, you can use the Count Record Tool as it returns a simple count of number of records. The Summarize tool can also be used to count the number of records in a data stream. However, if the number of records passed into it is zero, then it will not produce an output, which may cause the workflow to fail.

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@john_wick_  

This is what you want right? 

I'm not a big fan of the size of the flow tough. The problem with just counting the r+l+j outputs of the join is that it doesn't take into account that a j row stands for a row from both the R and L input. To compare the R unique rows, L unique rows with the join you'll have to take that into account :-).

Greetintgs,

Seb

Labels