Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Check Alteryx work flow Tools content without license

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have been using the Alteryx workflow for around 2 years. I have created several workflows for different tasks. But I have decided to move from Alteryx to Python scripts since my licence has expired. For this, I need to review some of the workflows to check the logic and formulas that I have used in them. Is there any way I can open the workflow to check its tools and formulas?    

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @tjamal1,

You can by right clicking on a workflow and opening it with notepad/notepad++. Workflow files are just XML and do contain all the formula information ect:

IraWatt_0-1654676943963.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very sorry to hear your moving away to python, is there nothing the SparkED program can do to get you a new licence ?

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Thanks for the reply.

Does this XML file also show the connection to tools? Like tool ID 1 connected to Tool ID 2

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries, yeah @tjamal1 you can see connections based on the given tool ID's:

IraWatt_0-1654677633061.png

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Thank you,

Also regarding SparkED, I am working as a Data analyst in a company. Can I still apply for the SparkED free licensing program?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@tjamal1 Alteryx SparkED education program eligibility looking at this, if you are an employee you don't qualify. If you were studying/lecturing you could apply for the other programs. Other than that all I know about is the free trial Alteryx Designer Free Trial | Alteryx but thats only 30 days..

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt 

Thanks for your guidance. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @tjamal1

Labels