Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Check Alteryx work flow Tools content without license

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have been using the Alteryx workflow for around 2 years. I have created several workflows for different tasks. But I have decided to move from Alteryx to Python scripts since my licence has expired. For this, I need to review some of the workflows to check the logic and formulas that I have used in them. Is there any way I can open the workflow to check its tools and formulas?    

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @tjamal1,

You can by right clicking on a workflow and opening it with notepad/notepad++. Workflow files are just XML and do contain all the formula information ect:

IraWatt_0-1654676943963.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very sorry to hear your moving away to python, is there nothing the SparkED program can do to get you a new licence ?

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Thanks for the reply.

Does this XML file also show the connection to tools? Like tool ID 1 connected to Tool ID 2

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries, yeah @tjamal1 you can see connections based on the given tool ID's:

IraWatt_0-1654677633061.png

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Thank you,

Also regarding SparkED, I am working as a Data analyst in a company. Can I still apply for the SparkED free licensing program?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@tjamal1 Alteryx SparkED education program eligibility looking at this, if you are an employee you don't qualify. If you were studying/lecturing you could apply for the other programs. Other than that all I know about is the free trial Alteryx Designer Free Trial | Alteryx but thats only 30 days..

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt 

Thanks for your guidance. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @tjamal1

Labels