Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do process multiple .log files individually into Alteryx

Lokesh22
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am fairly new to Alteryx. Hi, I've been searching for an answer, but no other related discussions seem to apply to my particular problem. 

I have many logs files I want to preprocess all of them one by one. for one file it works Fine, but for many files it does not works. Issue when add.log files it reads as text file and convert its text to data frame. so we add some processing and cleaning tools for getting the output. I want to process the files when one file complete other file should work till end of files from folder.

I have attached the work flow for one file. I want for multiple log files and also tried with batch macro not getting results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Lokesh22 

In your Input data tool, change the "Output File Name as Field" to Full Path.   This will give you a column in your data that you can use to group the data rows.  Then include this column as a key field in your Cross Tab tool.  The CrossTab will use the filename field to keep the information from your various rows distinct.  In your Python code include the file name column in your set_index statement.

Dan

Lokesh22
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Danilang

Thanks for your help in advance.
But can you please send me the updated workflow for my reference.

Labels