Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do process multiple files individually into one unified output?

SergeantJack
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I've been searching for an answer, but no other related discussions seem to apply to my particular problem.  

I have a workflow that takes an input .xlsx file, imports each of its sheets under a separate input tool (they have different schema), processes them, then unifies them into a single flat ASCII file with a filename that has a date/time stamp in it.  This process works perfectly if the input comes from a single file.

My problem is that I will need to process multiple files at once, and have each one appended, in turn, to a single output file.  The different data files, in Excel format, have the same schema.  Currently what is happening is that Alteryx imports all the files, processes them all together, and then dumps them into an output mixed together.  How do I make Alteryx process each file individually and append the results to the end of the output file?

1 REPLY 1
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Sounds like a batch macro would do what you need, processing each file individually before combining results. Your existing workflow should be the basis for your macro. Feed in the file paths to update the input tools, complete the processing, then output from the macro.

Labels