Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I import a subset of sheets from an Excel file?

Dave_Mosk
7 - Meteor

I have an excel file with 10 sheets.  I would like to import only 8 of 10 sheets since those have the same schemas while the other two sheets do not contain raw data.

My first two sheet names are "menu" and "cache" and the remaining eight sheet names are "1","2"...."8"

I just want to import and combine the sheets with the names "1","2"..."8" and ignore the "menu" and "cache" sheets.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dave_Mosk One way of doing this with the dynamic input tool because all the sheets are having the same schema

binuacs_0-1684339455117.png

Dave_Mosk
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Thanks! makes total sense.

Not sure if this is "allowed" but a follow up question. What if my sheets have different schemas and I just want to stack them as is. Reason being is that the first 5 fields for all sheets are the same and the remaining fields may be different across sheets and I will be ignoring those anyways. So some sheets may have more fields than others but I don't care that those fields stack since I am just ignoring them.  Thank you

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dave_Mosk If the schema is different you should use the batch macro. Attaching a sample workflow 

binuacs_0-1684340934666.png

Dave_Mosk
7 - Meteor

@binuacs THANKS! Works perfectly. I appreciate the sample workflow

Labels