Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do I extract Server Job Run ID at runtime

Jason_
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that runs and produces output at the end. It is running on our Alteryx server, and sends an email when it finishes running. This is currently achieved using the Runtime events, but can easily be replaced by an email tool, however, I am unable to figure out how to extract the variable for server run ID (highlighted in red below) that I need to add to the output.

https://MyAlteryxServer.com/gallery/#!job/1126aca93f610000f6002907

I have reviewed all the output from %OutputLog%, and run ID is not in the list. 

The use case is: File is too large to send as an attachment, so I want to be able to send the user an email saying "Your job has finished running. Please Click this link to go to the job run details and download your files"

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

RegEx should do the trick! The expression would be:

.*\/(.*)$

Jason_
7 - Meteor

Thanks, but this is not what I am looking for. I'm looking for where I get the value. What I pasted was the URL in my browser when the job finishes and I click on the job run. I can build the full URL if necessary or use as is if the full URL is given to me, but the question I am trying to answer is where does that live? How can I access the value (which changes for every run) at runtime?

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This follow up question would be available in the MongoDB, but I am not sure it's available at runtime.

Edit: looks like this has been asked before and no runtime solution was provided. Solved: How to Get the Job Run ID within the Workflow - Alteryx Community

markashman
8 - Asteroid

Agreed this would be an extremely useful function to have, we have the same need a way to automatically notify users a job has completed and include a link, seems like this should be an out of the box notification imo.

Jason_
7 - Meteor

Not a solution to this problem as it requires working with APIs and is not capable of returning the ID within the workflow itself.

Labels