Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I add a label to results before I combine them with other results?

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

Good Day,

Yes, I am learning to ask questions to figure things out because I am able to produce the results I want much faster with your help!

I have two 'paths' regarding the same beginning data, filtering out different exclusions in path A and path B.  I want to label the results of path A as A, and the results of path B as B, but can't figure out how to do this.  I am sure that this really cool program can do this for me, but, again as a non-computer scientist or anything associated with it, I am baffled.  Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@rhearns1 rename the column name using the select tool

image.png

dwstada
11 - Bolide

@rhearns1 something like this?

label paths.PNG

a formula tool for each "path", create a column with the same name for each and fill it with whatever you want to call your paths (here A and B), once you union them the rows will be "labelled" A or B

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

I guess I wasn't specific enough.  I want to automatically add a text to a field for each data row resulting from the workflow.

I have now added a empty column to my input data sheet labeled as SGLT2/MRA, after running the workflow, I would like to populate the column from each path depending on which path it was as the combined results will provide the foundation for a mailing that is organized A, B or A&B.

How do I add the text to the results so I know which mailing the results get?

r

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

This worked perfectly THANK YOU!

Labels