Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do I Update a column in a Postgres table using Alteryx

lscanlon
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to use a column "create_date" from Postgres table 1 to another table with the same column name "create_date" with the same value to be updated in all the columns in Postgres table 2.  I don't know who to do this. 

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Rule 1: Use In-DB for DB operations if you can.

Rule 2: If you have to use input data - turn off AMP.

Can you turn off amp - see if it runs. If it doesn't can you post what you are using for your sql in our output data tool?

lscanlon
6 - Meteoroid

This is what I have so far. I don't think I have a query; I don't know where to put the query.  Should it be an Update query. 

I want to update the whole table.  I want to put the same create_date on all the rows.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I don't use Postgres via on-canvas tools - but my hunch is you should be using the Greenplum setting vs the generic odbc. Can you show a screen grab of a limitied mount of data coming out of the input data tool (ie how many records are there without the output tool - and can you confirm that you have data - and that it matches your criteria?).

Labels