Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How can i save the data or records, from a source that changes everyday?

Nestor
5 - Atom

I've been trying to create a file where i can save the data from a source that change every day

i would like o save this data to create an historical file, but the source does not support too many data and it restarts. 

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You may want to leverage an output data tool that is set up to create a file with a different file name every day. The option down at the bottom as shown below can do things like append a suffix to a file name. Some people will use DateTimeToday() to generate today's date and use that in the creation of the file name so that they have a new one on a daily basis. Then you could just union all of these files together or use a wildcard in an Input Data tool to stack them all together easily. 

output options.png

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hey @Nestor !

In addition to @BrandonB solution, you can do your input normally and use the Date Time Now tool as well.

marcusmontenegro_0-1608049058812.png

Use append tool to join them together

marcusmontenegro_1-1608049096592.png

and output with the configuration @BrandonB said.

Hope that helps!

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I always forget about that tool @marcusblackhill! Solid suggestion 

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thanks @BrandonB ! But yeah, actually is rare to I have a case where I need that but when need, helps a lot ehhehe

Labels