Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I export 15000 records in every excel sheet: Using Tile/ Multi-field Binning tool?

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello Analytics folks:

Good morning. How can I export 15000 records in every excel sheet: Using the Tile/ Multi-field Binning tool?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@Kinetic_analytics here's one way using the Tile Tool:
1. Select the Numeric Column to be RecordID (I added a recordID to the workflow). Then select Tile Method Manual. 
All you need to do now is write in the cut offs for each sheet. For demonstration purposes, I wanted the first 1000 on the first sheet, the second 2000 on the next sheet and so on. You can see this is the tile cutoffs

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1676559474510.png

2. Next step. Configure Output tool correctly.
Setup the connection to where you want to store the file. Select .xlsx, as this is your desired output format.
Select output options -> 'Create New Sheet'
Tick the box in the bottom left for 'Take File/Table Name'
Click the dropdown box, select Tile_Num

BS_THE_ANALYST_2-1676559570041.png

Output should be as desired. An xlsx file with multiple sheets containing the amount of records per sheet you selected in the tile tool 

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

@BS_THE_ANALYST Thank you. Appreciate your help on my learning process.

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

I just learned it thanks to your question! 😀. I've not used Manual in the Tile tool before. Thanks for the problem! 

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@Kinetic_analytics might I suggest a different way to get your groups. This formula basically does what the Tile tool is doing, creating groups every 'X'. You just need to change the number in the formula tool. 

For instance, I want a new group every 100 lets say. Check the picture below, you can see how the group changes at the 100 record mark. Kinda like the tile tool, but less manual!

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1676560517061.png

Obviously groups of 100 would make alot of sheets lol! I just changed it for the next screenshot to 500. We still get lots of sheets:

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1676560625484.pngBS_THE_ANALYST_2-1676560666321.png

Labels