Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hopefully simple date question

superman64232
6 - Meteoroid

I apologize if this is a repeat question. I ran through a dive in the forum, but the date questions weren't quite what I needed.

I have a list of dates suggesting when to place orders. I'm trying to filter them to this week. And again for this month.

So to clarify, for the week filter, if I run the report on Thursday, I want it to show me all suggested order dates that fall between the Sunday that just passed, and this upcoming Saturday. 

For the monthly filter, if I run it mid-month, it needs to show me everything for the current month.

Everything I've been able to see so far has only been able to start or end with today's date as the jumping point. I need today's date to only matter in that it falls within the needed timeframe.

Does this make sense?

3 REPLIES 3
TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Hi @superman64232 ,

I think it does. Do you have a sample set of data?

I assume when you say "run the report" you mean the workflow to output the data for those dates?

My instinct with these kind of problems are usually to build a little calendar that includes all dates for which you will run this problem for. Add a week number and a month number of the year and then you can simply join on where the week or month number is in the same week or month as your date.

I attach a sample calendar I generated entirely in Alteryx - see if that helps with your problem then we can chat about how you generate something like it?

Best,

Tom

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @superman64232 I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think?

superman64232
6 - Meteoroid

You guys are the best. Thank you both so much, this is exactly what I needed. 😛

Labels