Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hi, team. i am new to Alteryx . please help me in the following issue.

vnktalteryx
6 - Meteoroid

I have developed a workflow. in my system the workflow is running perfectly. I have shared it to a colleague to check running status. I got to know that it's not running. the reason is input and output files path. how can i set these paths to run the workflow in another system?

6 REPLIES 6
Deano478
12 - Quasar

If you would like other people to be able to run the workflow using the same input and output files you might need to consider shared drives that only the people who need to run the workflow will have access to.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @vnktalteryx 

1. Have you considered sharing with your colleague as a packaged flow? Options --> Export Workflow

2. Use Alteryx Server if you have that at work and output to a shared folder

3. Use the  Community Search option using "share workflow" and see what comes back

Cheers!

vnktalteryx
6 - Meteoroid

thank you for quick response. 

the other person  have same input files to run. but it is not running in other system. 

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

I think @Deano478's recommendation is nice (especially in terms of privacy/access)! Alternatively, rather than saving the workflow, you can export a workflow. This will package the workflow, along with the associated files it's connected to. This will mean that the person you are sending it to will have your workflow + the connected files.

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1676391056206.png

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1676391113043.png

vnktalteryx
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @BS_THE_ANALYST

it help me.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

@vnktalteryx 

You are most welcome - Cheers!

Labels