Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with fields missing after join

ahallock
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I am very new to Alteryx, and I appreciate any thoughts you all may have. I am joining two sets of data using one field, ID number. The Left set of data has several additional fields of demographic data for each ID number, and the Right join has one additional field. I want to Join the two sets of data using ID number, so that I have one file that has the matching data from the left and right ID numbers with the additional fields from both data sets. Final data would include Matched ID Number, Address, City, State, and Start Date. I have selected all of my fields in the Join tool, and when I browse my output from the middle Join, aside from the ID Number, the left field record values are all Null, and only the records from the fields on the right have a value. Am I missing something, or doing something incorrectly? Thanks!

Left Data Right Data
ID Number ID Number
Address Start Date
City  
State  

Middle Join output example:

Join Data Example    
ID NumberAddressCityStateRight ID NumberRight Start Date
4433[Null][Null][Null]44333/13/2020
3433[Null][Null][Null]34331/4/2020
2421[Null][Null][Null]24214/1/2020
7754[Null][Null][Null]77545/3/2019
5746[Null][Null][Null]57463/20/2019
2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ahallock ,

could you provide the data files? The only option I can think of based on your description is, that fields have NULL values in source data.

Best,

Roland

ahallock
5 - Atom

Thanks Roland, I think you are right. I just spot checked a few of the data points in my file and they are null there as well. Appreciate your help with this!

Labels