Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Find & replace tool with two columns

Charcho
7 - Meteor

Hello,

My first time posting to the community and I was looking for some help.

I want to complete two columns, Value1 and Value2 with the values from key value table. I use the Find & Replace tool and the Union tool but I don't get to place the two values in a line.

Thank you all

The table to complete:

Item1

Item2

Value1

Value2

Fruits

Apple

Fruits

Banana

Vegetable

Tomato

Vegetable

Carrot

Spice

Salt

Spice

Sugar

Drink

Mik

Drink

Water

The key value table is:

Item

Value

Apple

B

Banana

A

Tomato

A

Carrot

B

Salt

B

Sugar

A

Mik

B

Water

A

Fruits

A

Vegetable

A

Spice

A

Drink

B

This is my result with duplicates. I would like to have the values in a line.

Charcho_0-1679566260368.png

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Charcho Instead of union tool use the join tool and select the join by record position option and u select unwanted columns from the join tool

Charcho
7 - Meteor

Thank you @binuacs, it works correctly in the example I have put. However I work with a big dataset, and it doesn't work correctly because in some cells the value is mixed from the other item, i.e., in Value2 appears a value from Item1 and vice versa. Could it be due to record position option? there would be other way? Thank you

Charcho
7 - Meteor
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Feed the result of one find/replace into the other.

SPetrie_1-1679581484777.png

Charcho
7 - Meteor

@binuacs , @SPetrieI , I have checked everything again and both solutions work perfectly. I was stuck in some wrong values and finally detected that I had selected 'Any Part of Field' in Find Section area... I changed it to 'Entire Field' and it works perfectly! Thank you

Labels