Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help understand the role of "Replace a specific string" in Action Config

papu_mengmeng
6 - Meteoroid

I kept running into this problem when I built the following in standard macro (A) and used this macro in a new workflow (B), the value I specified in the B didn't work and the flow (B) was executed using the value I specified in A.

The quick fix is to check "Replace a specific string" in Action Config. However, later on, when I uncheck this box in A, B can be execute without any problem, i,e, using the new value I specified in B.

Please share your perspective on what I did might cause this problem, and how to understand "Replace a specific string".

Thanks a ton!

papu_mengmeng_0-1581032662450.png

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @papu_mengmeng ,

In your case, it should always work, checking or unchecking the 'replace a specific string'. The only thing you cannot forget to configure is the selection of what you want as image below.

fmvizcaino_0-1581048521295.png

Replace a specific string is used when you want to replace only a part of the string. One example is the macro I'm sharing with you where I'm replacing only a part of the formula.

Let me know if this makes sense to you.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Hi @papu_mengmeng 

Try using the interface designer's capability to debug your macro or application.

Here, I let the user decide how much data to use to split time series data. The specific string in the formula of the filter tool is subsequently edited by the input from the user.Here, I let the user decide how much data to use to split time series data. The specific string in the formula of the filter tool is subsequently edited by the input from the user.

Let me know if this helped you tackle this issue.

Best,

Roland

Infotopics - Benelux partner of the year
Empowering business through analytics. See, Understand, Act!
Labels