Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help transposing multiple (unknown) columns into one column

michalikm
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I'm trying to design a workflow that takes a data set that has some duplicated columns (essentially), and transposes some of the information into individual columns. I've included a sample input that shows the beginnings of what my input looks like, and what my goal of an output would look like as well. Essentially, my dataset has a column for name and ID number, and then groups of columns to show the following: Week, Subscribers, VIP, Product, and Cost. These columns are duplicated for each week, and the week header will always be in date format. My goal is to transpose the data as shown in the output, where each individual date is listed in order for each ID number. I'm assuming I'll need to do some form of dynamic rename, since I won't always know what the "Week" date will be, and since there are duplicated columns on my input for each week. Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@michalikm 
I try to be dynamic and just one limitation is that you field name can not have specially characters since I am using regex.

0608-michalikm.PNG

michalikm
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! This was perfect!!! I don't quite know what the tile tool does yet, but this worked perfectly in my workflow.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@michalikm 

Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark.

Imagin several families are having a party together, Tile Tool will first group them by their famliy name, then for each member of a family, assign a sequence number. 

Hope this helps. 😁

Labels