Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help creating a report with the following format using data attached

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Hello and good day!

How can I get the data in excel attached to look like the pdf also attached?

Basically like this: Location1

JOB

Item1, description, quantity, days, cost, etc...

item2 description, quantity, days, cost, etc...

JOB total : $$$$

Location2

JOB

Item1

item2 

JOB total : $$$$

Any help, guidance very much appreciated!!!! I love you all!😘

Thanks,

Johnny Ringo

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sure thing, Johnny! See attached for a demonstration of how you could use some of the Reporting tools to get you a layout similar to what you are looking for...

By using a Table tool to put the details for the items by location/job into a nicely formatted table, and then using a combination of Report Text as headers & footers to show the Job and Totals, and the Layout tool to organize the data by Location, you can get to something very close to your original PDF format! Few things to keep in mind when configuring these tools - use a Browse to give you a preview of what the data looks like, and pay attention to configuration options like decimal places in your tables, and whether the Report Text should be attached above or below the table, etc. 

ToolReport_ReportingTools.JPG

Sample of what the layout would look like using these Reporting Tool configurations. Currently this is still in individual records for each Location, but if you wanted it all in one PDF report, you could add another Layout tool, combining all records vertically, and then output to PDF using a Render tool. Lots of other configuration options you could explore as well that would give you customized headers, etc. 

ToolReport_Layout.JPG

For more info: Check out some of the Knowledge Base articles on the Reporting Tools (try the Tool Mastery Index for the Reporting Tools category), or the examples when you right click on those tools in Designer, or some of the Interactive Trainings on Reporting Tools in Designer! 

Hope that helps get you pointed in the right direction!

Cheers,

NJ

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Hello Nicole!  I think you have me going in the right direction!

I Love it, you are a wiz!

Thank You and Happy Monday!

Labels