Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help... Want single column derive from mutiple tables joins

snand2
5 - Atom

Hi All,

Can someone provide a workflow for below request;

I have 4 tables.

Table A(Master table)

Table B

Table C

Table D.

I want all the records from table A(Emp_ID) and mapped with the records from other tables. I have designed the workflow, but the hurdle is, some of the emp_id are present in table B and table C. So, when I join the table B and table C with table D, alteryx shows same columns of table D twice.

Sample files are attached.

Current result 

snand2_1-1686181978426.png

I need desired result as below

snand2_0-1686181896294.png

2 REPLIES 2
Miles_Waller
8 - Asteroid

Full result is below

Miles_Waller_0-1686184467542.png

Basically the first thing I did was to look at all the data.Tables B and C looked like they had the same kind of data (EMP_ID to PRODUCT_ID Mapping) so I just unioned them together.

Miles_Waller_1-1686184661567.png

Next I joined that union output with the Table_D input which has product information, by PRODUCT_ID (unchecked the duplicate Right Product_ID field). However, the J output will only contain data for products mapped to an employee which exist in that product information table. Products that are NOT in that table will say in the L output anchor, so I just joined unioned the L and J outputs together.

Miles_Waller_2-1686184678528.png

Technically based on your data that is the final answer - but I went ahead and did the remaining steps in case you had employees in Table A which were not mapped to a product in the other tables. That's what the next join is for, by EMP_ID, and I deselected the duplicate EMP_ID field. Then same as earlier, you union the L and J together to get the final answer.

Miles_Waller_3-1686184846402.png

snand2
5 - Atom

@Miles_Waller

Thanks for working out.

Labels