Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Combining

albertn
7 - Meteor

 I am seeking help as I am trying to combine for example, Amazon's data into one value, share, and total shares column instead of have two rows of various columns. Also, my data is not giving me the correct number of integers. they should be in the millions and thousands range. Thank you.

Capture.PNG

15 REPLIES 15
mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @albertn,

You can use group by in Summarize. If you share a sample data set, I would love to help. Best.

albertn
7 - Meteor

I've attached the file I am using.

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @albertn ,

I used a sample for your data. See the following workflow:

mot_0-1615058068198.png

I used Data Cleansing first to remove punctuation before converting the fields to double. I hope this helps. Best.

albertn
7 - Meteor

Hello @mot,

I was able to combine the multiple inputs of companies however, I continue to get the incorrect amount of integers for the sum, as it should be in the millions/thousands range. Thank you for your help btw!

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @albertn ,

You may want to do the same process for other fields as well. First, you can remove the punctuation and then convert to double or integer. Best.

albertn
7 - Meteor

I have tried everything so I attached my workflow if you wanted to take a look at it @mot.

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @albertn ,

Please check the updated workflow. I added the columns in the second data cleansing tool. I hope this helps. Best.

albertn
7 - Meteor

@mot perfect thank you so much!

albertn
7 - Meteor

@mot Another question I have is with the excel sheet I provided, each sheet is a month so sheet1 is January, sheet2 is February, sheet 3 is March, etc. Is there anything I can do to combine them to display quarter 1 numbers? I hope that makes sense.

Labels