Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Header Issue

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have created an excel that is static and used just for the headers

The static excel file looks like this - 

Car Bus  Airplane Bus

Note that there are repetitions and spaces within these headers

I load the headers using an input tool and add a field info, record ID, cross tab and then a union tool. Which adds a row with my header to the results.. I then remove the Alteryx header from the final output and output to a csv from row 1 (I do this because there are multiple 'Bus' and I don't want Bus2 and Bus to be part of the headers).

But when doing this the spaces and other changes do not take effect and the output is not accurate

Please help and advise other ways to accurately copy and paste headers into my final file 

Is there another way to add this static file to row one of my sheet while keeping the same format? 

2 REPLIES 2
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @henrygeorge,

here is a workflow doing what you described, I don't have any error when I open it in the end. Tell me if it works also for you.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @henrygeorge 

Can you not just use a Text Input tool for your headers, but put them in the 1st line of data, like this

Field1Field2Field3Field4
Car Bus  Airplane Bus

Then generate your data as well without headers and union them. This way, your spaces are maintained. You then write the CSV with 1st row contains headers unchecked. Example attached.

DavidP_0-1599047750849.png

Labels