Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HELP!!

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

I need some help.

workflow is creating three templates Replaceme_newAL, Replaceme_newFL and Replaceme_newGA. On this sample template I have another tab (masterdata). 

I am trying to figure out how can I add data from masterdata to the the templates. for example from masterdata I want to add FL information to Replaceme_newFL. Can someone please help me?

regards,

RR

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rrahu07,

Can you include input sample input and desired output so we could properly understand what you want to achieve? 

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

@Emil_Kos I have attached the sample data file. so the blob creates three templates and I want update one of the template (sheet1) using the data from masterdata.

rrahu07_0-1653245146890.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

There are a ton of specifics to do what I think you are trying to to do - but work off this... a few notes:

1) you really want two excel files - one for your datasource (I used master data) and one for your template file (I used Sheet1 for a sheet name)

2) don't play with appending/changing file names - just create full paths.

3) create your templates using blob output FIRST. You need a Block Until Done.

4) Have you output data configured to full path/overwrite existing data/keep formatting/etc. Include a beginning and start of the range. Make sure you drop any fields that you do not want outputted into the excel files prior to your output data tool.

5) Upgrade to 22.1 to prevent xml issues with pivot tables & the like.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi, 

As per our call, I am sending you the files that I have prepared for you. 

Labels