Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HELP - Need to create duplicate rows in a column

DonnaFazio
6 - Meteoroid

How would I duplicate Territory Name and Number So that I can add the specific Coverage and Product

TerritoryNumberTerritoryNamecoverageproduct
123Joe smithproductApple
1454John  
145Harry  
13434Joyce  

Desired Results   
TerritoryNumberTerritoryNamecoverageproduct
123Joe smithproductApple
123Joe smithcustomerApple

4 REPLIES 4
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @DonnaFazio

Thank you for your contribution to the Community! Just wanted to give you a heads up that I have moved your message to the Designer Discussions board for more visibility. In the future, feel free to start a new conversation in the Discussions section if you have any other questions.  

Let us know how it goes!

Steph Vitale-Havreng
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

there are a number of different ways to go about this, depending on your data. Can you provide a more detailed example dataset? It looks like you want duplicate rows for each territory number and territory name for differing coverages and products.

Is there a defined list of each coverage and product?

Will each territory number / name have every combination or can they have unique lists?

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are you trying to just create two rows for each Territory Number and Name combination? 

If so, you can create a reference list with the coverage areas you want to include and then use the Append Fields tool to add them in. 

See attached for an example. Let me know if this is what you're looking for!

echuong1_0-1592850333841.png

DonnaFazio
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much! This was what I was looking for

Labels