Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

HANA / Connect In-DB Tool, failure to extract values from certain columns

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

I have a table in HANA that has about 45 columns.

There are 4 columns which show 0% values in the alteryx In-DB workflow. Granted, all of these columns contain many blanks or Nulls but none should be completely blank/null. 

I have checked the system limitations and there are not too many records or columns. 

Fails with and without AMP.

Runtime is under 1 minute.

Fails with Select *, as well as selecting all columns individually in Query builder.

Datatype in HANA is NVARCHAR and in Alteryx is assigned V_WString. This is the same for all 4 of my problem columns, but plenty of other columns have the same datatypes and the expected values are there. 

Related question, would the profile show 100% null because that's true for data within the Browse limit or is the 100% null for the whole dataset? 

Also, there are no errors or warnings, just a quiet failure to load values. I appreciate any advice of how to approach this.

I cannot show workflow due to restrictions- but it is a failure directly at the Connect In-DB tool, not downstream. Thanks again,

SBon

0 REPLIES 0
Labels