Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Guide to Creating Your Own Connector - Authentication

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

I am struggling to retrieve data using API using NTLM authentication.

This is the situation. We have this URL that generates this data:

1.png

My customer is interested in the last part of the json string “Value”:42938.0

So if I use the following workflow (see screenshot below) we get output you can see in attachment API results.csv:

See API results.csv for results (please note that you need to expand field to see all the data).

2.png

Now I did find this post: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/Download-Tool-with-authentication-unexpected-POST-with...

If I replicate the workflow in the solution (see screenshot below) posted in the Alteryx Community I get results you can see in attachment API results – Fox.csv.

3.png

Can you see what we are doing wrong here? Is there something I need to add to the HTTP action (GET) in the Download tool?

Appreciate any help this excellent community can give!

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @RoelEsselink,

The error in both the results is unauthorised access and so you will need to look at how you aer passing the credentials or whether there is a proxy blocking access to the api.

Kane

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the input. I think indeed there is a problem with authenticating. I was told this was a simple API but I think there is more happening than I suspected.

I have contacted the API owner now and will try to figure it our with them.

Labels