Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grouping field in Scatter plot

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

While using Scatter plots (Data Investigation tool), under Plot Elements tab, while checking the check box "plot by groups" option and using "grouping field", how to differentiate the values of "Grouping field" by different color. For example: if you have grouping field called Smoker how to differentiate the values Smoker and non smoker by different colors. is there any option ?

16 REPLIES 16
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Try the Interactive Chart tool! You can build a Scatter plot from there and you should have a grouping option to help out

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for letting me know that scatter plot can be done using interactive chart!

Further, i would like to know if i can plot three variables Age, Smoker (or not) and Claim using interactive chart. that is i would like to show the impact of Age and smoking habit on Claim value ( Please attached picture for reference)

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for letting me know that scatter plot can be done using interactive chart!

Further, i would like to know if i can plot three variables Age, Smoker (or not) and Claim using interactive chart. that is i would like to show the impact of Age and smoking habit on Claim value ( Please attached picture for reference)

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Theoretically yes - you should be able to plot two variables (age and claim) while using the smoker vs non-smoker as a grouping variable. This article gives one idea: How to Group Data by Color in an Interactive Chart - Alteryx Community

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

thank you much! 🙏 i will try what you said and let you know.

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alex,

I was able to produce the expected result as per the idea given in the article you shared with me. I am attaching the results of the same in the word document.

Thanks much for your help!

Note:i was able to do in a couple of days after you shared the link, now sharing with you after a week of vacation.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great news @KRISHNABOMMU!

KRISHNABOMMU
8 - Asteroid

I know you should be busy. still when you get a chance, please have a look at the attached results documentation of the scatter plot and let me know your valuable suggestions. 

TIA,

Kind regards,

Krishna Bommu

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@KRISHNABOMMU If the attached is what you were looking for, then that's great!

Labels