Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Group Different Portfolio Items by Parent ID

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am working on a workflow that pulls in Rally ticket data from their API. What I am trying to do is identify Epics that are past due and their open features. The part that I am stuck on is associating the epic with the feature. I have the epic ID that links them, but a Join is not what I am thinking that I need. I would like the result to list the Epic Number and Name followed by the associated Features Number and Name. Example of ideal output below. Any help with this would be great

Ticket NumberTicket Name

Status

E123First StepOpen
F1234Open BookOpen

Please let me know if further information is needed. Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

can you post sample input and desired output?

Link86
8 - Asteroid

I have attached an example workflow with scrubbed data for the input. The desired output is in the excel file. All columns in the input should appear in the output.

Ultimately it will be broken up in a report that separates the groups based on the Epic Task Number (the bold in the excel output)

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

I think the Union tool is what you're looking for, to stack data streams on top of each other.   See attached workflow.

ChrisTX_0-1659022804059.png

Chris

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Sort order was def. key there. Thank you so much for your help.

DakotaStinson
5 - Atom

Are you able to share how you configured your download tool to pull the Rally info through the API?

Labels