Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Analytics Connector Error - Error transferring data: Couldn't resolve host name

ericamoody
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I'm working on a project to retrieve Google Analytics data via the Alteryx connector. I've gone through the Alteryx 'How to' guide and have set up credentials correctly, as I am able to retrieve some data, but not all.

For this particular workflow sample, I've specified 6 dimensions and 8 metrics to be retrieved through the API for the date range October 1st - October 3rd. Once run, the workflow outputs 2,000 records total -- 1,000 records for October 1st and 1,000 records for October 3rd. I'm expecting more like 150,000 records for this dimension/measure/date range combo. 

The error message that populates is below:

ericamoody_0-1576009072048.png

Does anyone know what's going on here or how I can possibly troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks so much in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is the same ask as here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Google-Analytics-connector-Error-trans...

Are you using the latest version of the connector? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ericamoody
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joshua, 

Thanks for the response. Yes, I didn't realize that the version of the connector I was using was not the latest version. Upgrading to the latest version solved the issue. Thanks!

Erica

Labels