Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Gift card balances - Predict the balance 6 & 12 months into the future

chilby
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have a data set with gift card balances. The first column was the activation month/year. Second column is # of cards with remaining balances relevant to that activation month/year. Third column is the activation amount in dollars. Then each column to the right is month/year (Jan, Feb, Mar onwards) with the gift card balances at each month end. I would like to know how I can determine what that balance could be in 6 months, 12 months into the future. This will be to support my gift card breakage analysis. I am not super well versed with the predictive tools so I would appreciate some hand holding :)

Thank you in advance!

-C

2 REPLIES 2
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@chilby take a look at this learning path, also consider time series

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Data-Science-Learning-Path/ta-p/504157

GeorgeBrian
5 - Atom

Hai,

If your dataset includes several months of balance data, you can calculate an average percentage decrease per month. This is done by comparing the balance at the end of each month with the balance at the beginning of the month. Once you have an average monthly decrease rate, you can apply this rate to the current balance to estimate future balances. 

mybalancenow visacard

Labels