Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting values from column data

Charcho
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I want to extract all the values from column B belonging to the same 'Fruits&Other' (column A).

I use Find and Replace but I am getting only one line and not all the fruits from column A.

table:

Charcho_0-1680014940969.png

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You want to just Filter to Fruits&Other? Can you share a table/image of your expected output?

MilindG
12 - Quasar

Do you have the expected output? Not sure if either of these solution works for you

MilindG_0-1680016793779.png

MilindG_1-1680016805622.png

Charcho
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the replies. I didn't explain well... I am using Find and Replace tool in a dataset and my situation is that I get only one line as result.

Charcho_1-1680077628439.png

My expectation is the solution by @MilindG but using this tool.

The complete solution would be:

Charcho_2-1680077714775.png

Thanks again

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You only get one result because the table you're doing the "lookup" on only has one row. If you're looking to filter to "Fruits&Other", the Join Tool is the one to use. Find and Replace output will have the same number of records as the table passed into the F anchor.

Charcho
7 - Meteor

That's correct @PhilipMannering with the Union tool I get the expected. Thank you for the contribution and the hint about the F anchor.

Labels