Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generation of date rows

atk
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

I'm quite new to Alteryx, so I'm struggling to figure out a solution to the problem mentioned below.

My dataset has columns Old_Emp_ID, Emp_ID, Hire Date, Termination Date and Extract Date. I've attached the sample dataset below.

1.  I'm trying to generate rows with a date column that originates from the hire date of an employee but ends either at the termination date (Employee status- Leaver) or the extract date (Employee status- Current) of the employee, whichever is the earliest. 

2. I've figured my way out in solving 1. But in the process, since my Emp_ID is has different variations for the same Old_Emp_ID, the date column is regenerated every time there is a new Emp_ID variation for Old_Emp_ID. I'm  struggling to generate a date column that originates from the earliest hire date of the Emp_ID and is generated until 2022-12-01

I have attached a file that contains how the date column should be generated.

Looking forward to your response! :)

1 REPLY 1
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @atk ,

Have you tried using the Multi-Row Formula to solve this?

The below post talks about how to fill in the missing dates within a range. Hope this points you in the right direction.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Row-Generator-Add-Rows-for-Missing-Dat...

Best,

Jagdeesh

Labels