Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generating Rows based on a certain number

DataIsFun
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I'm super new to the world of Alteryx and all it can do, I have a problem I'm stuck with that I hope maybe some you experts could help me with.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is generate rows for each person based on the number of days they are away on holidays I have attached a small piece of the workflow with bit of the data I'm using as a sample. I can't wrap my head around how something liked this could be done 

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated thanks in advance everyone.  

7 REPLIES 7
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @DataIsFun, you can do something like the following. This just tells Alteryx to generate rows, starting at one until it reaches N, with N being your [Days_Between_Leave_and_Return] value.

DataNath_0-1667987391399.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @DataIsFun 

something simple like this will work, you generate the number of rows based on the days difference you've already calculated:

DavidSkaife_0-1667987502350.png

The setup of the Generate Rows tool is below:

DavidSkaife_1-1667987533349.png

DataIsFun
7 - Meteor

Thank you guys so much for the rapid response I see exactly what you both did there I was just wondering instead of having just numbers in the new rows is it possible to have the day of the week instead?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @DataIsFun, does something like this look right? We're adding the generated row number (-1 to compensate for not being 0-based) to the date and then formatting the date as the day of the week it corresponds to:

DataNath_0-1667988424311.png

DataIsFun
7 - Meteor

Hey DataNath sorry I don't know how to @ people on here just yet but ill give it a try now the full workflow and see if all goes well if not i'll let you know and again thank you for the help 

DataNath
17 - Castor

No problem @DataIsFun! The @ functionality becomes available at the next community level (6 - Meteoroid)! https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/FAQs-User-Ranks/ta-p/178548

DataIsFun
7 - Meteor

Hey again DataNath this worked like a charm thank you for the help 

Labels