Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate a new line in the output if certain condition is met

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

I have my current output in excel format that has eg- 8 lines/rows. I want alteryx to create a new line /row if the "Order Description" column contains both "Apples" and "Green Apple". This new line should pick up EEID, name from the above row but order description should change to "Net Apple" and amount should be difference of  " Apples and Green apples amount". Is this achievable in alteryx? which tool would help me so? Multi row formula seems complex.

4 REPLIES 4
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @simasarry123 

Could you please explain the logic, generating a new row can be done with the help of Generate Rows tool.

Why only Apple - Green Apple, why Pineapple is not included.

Wanted to understand the logic, then the workflow and necessary tools to be used can be decided.

Thanks in advance

Shanker V

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

The logic is whenever a data description column has these two components "Apples" and "Green Apple" considering they belong to same category, we would need to adjust the quantities. All others are assumed to belong to different category so no adjustment .

This adjustment should flow on a new line with as shown in Yellow highlighted. This is a dummy data. The actual data file relates to compensation of multiple employees. If any employee receives two such components -- "Advance " and " Bonus", alteryx should create a new line with adjustment Bonus- Advance. If an employee does not have these components then new line should not get generated. Please note here our unique key would be Employee ID . 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@simasarry123 - Here is a possible solution. I also incorporated a check for you that may be useful in the real life use case:

ArtApa_0-1676096913103.png

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much , this worked for me !

Labels