Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate a file only if a condition is met.

Nikhil4
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow that runs every week. The workflow gives many csv files as output. However, I need to stop generating one particular file once the date of the current month crosses the 7th. The rest of the files should be generated, but this particular file should be generated only if the date is less than the 7th of the current month.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Nikhil4 ,

Maybe you can have a look at the condition tool in the interface tool palette?

That will allow you to define a condition, and subject to whether that condition is met or not an action can be applied. Then you can add the output tool for that csv inside a container box, and connect that condition tool with the thunderbolt icon of that container.

From the action tools, you can set that container to be enabled if the condition is met or to be disabled if not.

So you would get the output if Datetimeday(datetimetoday())<=7, but you wouldn't  get the output if the day is after the 7th.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Angelos

Nikhil4
5 - Atom

Hi Angelos,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried doing what you suggested, but it generates the file even though the condition is not satisfied by the Condition tool. Makes me wonder if I understood what you were suggesting. Below is a snapshot of what I have done. Correct me if this is not what you were suggesting.

Nikhil4_1-1613044501143.png

Thanks.

Nikhil

Nikhil4
5 - Atom

Hi Angelos,

Instead of executing this as a workflow, if I call it as a macro, it works fine. Thanks for the Solution. Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Nikhil

Labels