Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy match help required

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi Team,

I have thousands of names coming in different format. Sometimes they put Mr, MRs or Dr, sometimes they are without "/" or with slash or with punctuation or without punctuation. I have to make them as one name if it matches to the next one. Kindly refer tables and advise. 

Appreciate your quick response.

NameResult
Saif /NameSaif /Name
Name/SaifSaif /Name
Name/Saif MRSaif /Name
MR Name/SaiFSaif /Name
Kara/TimKara/Tim
Kara,TimKara/Tim
Dim/Tore ShowDim/Tore Show
DimTore/ ShowDim/Tore Show
Dim/Show toreDim/Tore Show
ERS/COLRERS/COL
RERS/COLRERS/COL
ERS/COL,RERS/COL
NDLER/JERRY LNDLER/JERRY L
NDLER/L JERRYNDLER/JERRY L
NDLER/JERRYNDLER/JERRY L
NDLER/L, JERRYNDLER/JERRY L
NDLER/JERRY,NDLER/JERRY L
NDLER/L JERRY ANDREWNDLER/JERRY L
HUG/XUENHUG/XUEN
XUEN/HUGHUG/XUEN
XUEN,HUGHUG/XUEN
XUEN,HUG MSHUG/XUEN
XUEN,HUG DRHUG/XUEN
5 REPLIES 5
Raj
14 - Magnetar

This is how basic regex works, need to make transformations according to condition, Hope this helps

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi Raj,

Can you please  deselect my Result and let your result to be shown and also show match score? I do neither able to see original input in name column.

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi Raj,

Can you please help on Column 'A' only called as "Name" forget about result. Just show match score with names in column A if they are matching to each other. Match score should be more than 80%.

Raj
14 - Magnetar

are you looking for this?

If not please let me know

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi Raj,

That's look good but I do not want my original names to be changed at all in column "A". Please keep them unchanged in column "A" and result is ok but if you can add Match score also in the end in find and replace result.

Labels